Laundry is one of those tasks that I don't need to be fancy, I just need it done.
If you're looking for pretty laundry room set ups and such, check out these free laundry room printables. But if you know me, you can be rest assured I've made sure to include things that will actually come in handy.
Here on this post is where you will find practical tips that will make you a laundry speed machine, because really, all we're looking for are clean laundry hacks and tips to find more efficient ways of doing this * beloved * chore, right?
Disclosure: Opinions expressed are our own. If you buy something through any of our affiliate links on this page, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting our site.
- Recommended resources
- Remove almost any stain with a single, easy recipe
- Keep your socks together, guaranteed
- Stretch out your fabric softener by tenfold (at least)
- Get softer towels
- Avoid creases from drying rack
- DIY your own dryer sheets
- Speed up drying time in dryer
- Get your washing machine spic and span with this single ingredient
- Utilize that sliver of space between your washer and dryer
- Get your kids involved with the laundry
Remove almost any stain with a single, easy recipe
You could print out a laundry cheat sheet of all the different ways to get out different kinds of stains, or, you could just make a single miracle stain remover with this super simple recipe:
(via Debt Free Spending)
DIY your own dryer sheets
If you're blessed to have a dryer, this little DIY is so easy to make, lasts about six months, and will save you money!
You may need to make several (2 generally works well). (via I'm a Lazy Mom)
Speed up drying time in dryerDryers are huge energy sucks, so a great tip to cut down your drying time drastically, simply by throwing in a dry towel with your clothes. (via Pin image)
Utilize that sliver of space between your washer and dryerThis brilliant invention* can sit in that unused space between your washer and dryer. Plus, it's got wheels.
Get your kids involved with the laundry
I once heard this quote:
"Do the laundry for your kid, they have clean clothes for the day.
Teach your kid how to do laundry, YOU ARE SET FOR LIFE."
Ok, I just made that up, but I'm going to make it a thing. And I've got three resources for you on how to achieve this.
1. Teach kids how to sort laundry and get a wash goingHow to sort clothes by fabric and set the washing machine. (via The Purposeful Mom)
2. Teach kids how to fold laundryHope my kid is as enthusiastic as this young man is folding his own clothes. (via It's Always Autumn)
3. Teach kids how to put away clothesSince young kids should be able to accomplish this very young before they are able to read, having pictorial reminders of what clothes go where will help them put away their clothes appropriately. (via Home School Giveaways)
With these clean laundry hacks and tips, you're bound to get your washing, drying, and sorting done more efficiently.
Continue Reading: Home & Garden posts →