Want to know how to DIY Harry Potter decorations for a magical Harry Potter party or as enchanting Harry Potter home decor? Here are some easy and creative Harry Potter theme decorations to bring a wizard wonder to the Muggle world.
Let's be friends! Follow me on Pinterest: Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This blog is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
Harry Potter party decorations
Find a whole list of Harry Potter party decoration ideas on a budget for a Harry Potter party celebrating a birthday, Halloween, Christmas or other festive gathering. Ideas include:
- Settings such as Platform 9 ¾, Ollivander’s Wand Shop, and Diagon Alley shops
- Food table decorations like the Great Hall, Honeydukes, and Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour
- Magical ideas like floating keys and envelopes, potions, and more
- Plus tons of free party printables
Harry Potter decorations printables
These would make excellent home decor.
These Harry Potter decor for grown ups are suitable for a couple’s bedroom.
- You are so loved.
- It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live.
- After all this time? Always.
- It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.
Art poster prints
You also have these colorful prints with:
- Expecto Patronum
- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
- Hogwarts Express Platform 9 3/4
- Deathly Hallows Always
(via The Quiet Grove)
Albus Dumbledore quote
This “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light on” quote in a lightbulb would be perfect for the kids’ room. (via Simple Everyday Mom)
“What a beautiful place to be with friends” quote is more beautiful in this watercolor outline. (via This Splendid Shambles)
Incorporate a little humor in your powder room with something like this.
DIY Harry Potter home decor
These crafty projects require a little DIY, but are simple enough to do with a little Muggle magic.
This is an easy craft for your kitchen mugs or flower vases. The designs include Harry’s glasses, mischief managed, don’t let the muggles get you down, and 9 ¾. (via Surviving a Teacher’s Salary)
Turn a bath towel into a wizard robe with hat by following this tutorial.
(via Raegun Ramblings)
And why not spruce up the bathroom a bit with these fun owl towel origami.
(via A Few Shortcuts)
A quilting project that includes two different designs: The Deathly Hallows Always and a doe patronus. (via Pieces by Polly)
A great tote bag for a trip the library. (via Sisters, What)
If you’re a schoolteacher, this round up of clever, witty ideas would totally fit the Harry Potter decoration theme, either for the door, bulletin boards, or other classroom decor. Some favorites include:
- Cell phones in Azkaban
- Vocab Alley instead of Diagon Alley
- Dobby chores assignments
(via We are Teachers)
Harry Potter printables
Find a large selection of Harry Potter printables (all for free!), such as:
- Activity, games, craft printables for kids
- Favor tags for Valentine’s Day, Halloween, and Christmas
- Planner-related printables like a daily planner, stickers, and notebook covers
- And other freebies to snag
If you’re looking for Harry Potter decorations on a budget, these easy and creative DIY Harry Potter decoration ideas will be spellbinding as Harry Potter home decor, classroom decoration theme, or your next Harry Potter party celebration.